Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer in the Good Ol' USA

Summer is always a whirlwind as we balance visiting friends and family with the "things we gotta get done while we're in America for the summer" list.  We actually did pretty well with both this summer!

We moved our patio table and chairs from Santa Barbara to Lake Forest.
Whew! Marble sure is heavy!

We are always surprised when we visit Costco and see aisles and aisles of gigantic food!

We spent a wonderful day on Catalina Island for Christina's birthday.
FYI, you get a free round trip ticket on the Catalina Express ferry on your birthday!

I was easily persuaded to enjoy a homemade tamale at my aunt and uncle's house.

We had a craving for some Thrifty's ice cream at 10:00 p.m. on a Wednesday night and, luckily, we found some!  (American ice cream is so much creamier than other countries.)

I found myself gazing upwards repeatedly at the beautiful cloud patterns over OC.

I had a great breakfast at Nickel Diner with some of my homies.

After years of research, I finally got LASIK surgery and I now have 20/20 vision.

Unfortunately, we had to spend some time going through stuff in our storage unit…always fun.  NOT!

I attended my great nephew's Toy Story themed birthday party.  "To infinity and beyond!"

Best of all, I enjoyed spending lots of quality time with my mama.

It was a great summer "vacation" in the US!


No comments:

Post a Comment